Why UCC Academy?
The guiding principle in the Academy is that all engagements must add value to the UCC Group. We offer:
- experienced consultancy value for significantly reduced fees
- no additional VAT cost for UCC Clients as the Academy is part of the UCC Vat Group
- UCC Organisational knowledge to the Project
- Academy staff who are experienced in UCC ways of working
- time based target oriented projects by offering a build-operate-transfer model
- project resources that support UCC in delivering its strategic objectives
Incorporated in 2012, UCC Academy was set up to promote the Strategic Aims of University College Cork. In 2013 Arlene Vithaldas was appointed as CEO and UCC Academy become operational in 2014 with the setup of PRIMEUCC and overseas offices in East China and Delhi. In 2015, the Project Centre was set up, an initiative of the Office of the Bursar, to provide professional project management expertise to support the development and implementation of strategic projects within the University and select external clients. In 2016, at the request of the University, UCC Academy provides the Conference UCC service to UCC Conference Ambassadors and third parties. This service provides quality event management and advisory support to internal and external stakeholders on campus.
Established by UCC for UCC, we support the University in achieving its strategic goals. UCC Academy provides a range of professional project services to UCC and external strategic partners. We combine a deep knowledge and understanding of UCC and higher education with relevant industry expertise. The Academy is invested in the success of UCC projects and committed to delivering an innovative, collaborative and cost-effective service.
The following core values support our mission, shape the way we work and reflect the essence of UCC Academy.
Ways of working
- Each Academy project has a UCC UMTO sponsor and a key contact (budget holder).
- The Academy reports to University Management Team (Operations) annually and last reported on 26th April 2017.
- The Academy is performance driven and sets project objectives for each project or engagement at the start of the assignment through the development of a Memorandum of Agreement, which flows into employee goal setting and performance management.
- The Academy is in a VAT group with UCC
UCC Academy DAC is a wholly owned subsidiary of University College Cork and is governed by a Management Agreement between the company and the University. The Board of Directors inlcludes the Bursar of UCC, the Corporate Secretary of UCC, a UCC Academic representative and at least one non executive director at any time. The current Board Members are Liam Barrett (Chair), Professor Stephen Byrne, Nora Geary and Diarmuid Collins.