UCC Academy DAC (the “Academy”) was set up to promote the strategic aims of University College Cork (the “University”). The Academy carries out a number of projects to internationalise the University, to enhance the financial sustainability of the University and to improve or maintain its international rankings. The Academy has four principal areas of activity, working in partnership with the University: to support internationalisation and the operation of the University’s overseas offices; to provide project management and related services; the operation of specific services on behalf of the University; and to procure highly specialised skills and talent, on a short or medium term basis, as required by the University. UCC is in the top 2% of the world’s universities.
The Role of the Conference Office Administrator – Finance and Operations
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a range of duties including but not limited to:
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of financial administration in the operation of the Conference Office.
- To work closely with the Conference Office Manager in the management of the conference office annual budget.
- Responsibility for the preparation of all new business quotations, to include analysing and accurately costing the resourcing requirements in collaboration with the clients, assessing client deliverables, venue and catering requirements, and all other services required for client events.
- Establish, maintain and contribute to continuous improvement of finance procedures for the conference office.
- Prepare weekly financial reports for weekly finance meetings including: monthly bank reconciliations, purchase ordering and procurement for events, set up new company system activity codes, preparation of quotations and event budgets, invoicing of clients and follow up cash collection.
- Have overall responsibility for the creation and submission of monthly conference office bank account reconciliations and report directly to the Academy Finance Manager on same.
- Maintain clear tracking systems for financial operations to include, client quotations issued and followed up, invoices issued to clients and follow up, conference and event management budgeting and post event follow up and reporting against actual costs.
- Manage the procurement process for new suppliers and comply with public sector procurement requirements at all times in relation to the procurement of goods and services for conference events.
- In relation to the management of conference delegate fee, process and track individual bank transfers as required.
- Preparation, follow up, coding and tracking of business invoicing.
- Act as point of contact with clients and suppliers on all financial matters.
- Support the Conference Office Manager as required in the delivery of the Conference Office business and operational plans
- Coordinate all activities to successfully execute conferences, including on site event management.
- Update and maintain the Conference Office calendar of activity for the Pipeline of all potential conferences, creating daily status reports
- Organise and book rooms, catering, third party suppliers, equipment and other services as required. Proactively providing solutions.
- Management of Conference Office inbox, implementing and maintaining a clear, user friendly filing system for emails and documents.
- Develop and keep up to date detailed operational Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as required.
- Registration, set up and liaison with all conference delegates, responding to all delegate queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Liaise with all external Conference Organisers in relation to on campus services and facilities, organise accommodation, travel and social tours for conference delegates.
- Proactively keep Conference Office website and social media up to date
- Other appropriate duties as may be assigned by the Conference Office Manager
- At least 2 years financial administrative and clerical experience.
- Experience of budgeting and financial modelling.
- Working knowledge of financial management systems. Highly numerate.
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills to include working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel & Power Point.
- Ability and experience to work both independently and as part of a team, working to tight deadlines.
- Be highly motivated with proven organisational skills.
- Experience of the Agresso financial management system
- Part qualified/qualified accountant
Term: The post is 1.0 FTE from start date to July 2019
Salary: Competitive salary of €25,000 plus a bonus of up to 10% of salary payable after 12 months and on completion, based on agreed measurable performance metrics
Pension: 8.01% defined contribution pension after 6 months
How to Apply
To apply, please click apply now to submit a one page CV and a short covering letter (no more than one A4 page) outlining why this role is of interest and how you meet the requirements. Your cover letter and CV should use a font size no smaller than size 11.
Closing date: 5 November 2017
UCC ACADEMY DAC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
In submitting your CV you are deemed to give your consent to the Academy to share your CV and personal details with the University and individual departments within the University for the purposes of recruitment.