UCC Academy DAC (the “Academy”) was set up to promote the strategic aims of University College Cork (the “University”). The Academy carries out a number of projects to internationalise the University, to enhance the financial sustainability of the University and to improve or maintain its international rankings. The Academy has four principal areas of activity, working in partnership with the University: to support internationalisation and the operation of the University’s overseas offices; to provide project management and related services; the operation of specific services on behalf of the University; and to procure highly specialised skills and talent, on a short or medium term basis, as required by the University. UCC is in the top 2% of the world’s universities.
Working with the UCC Academy team to strengthen the UCC Academy brand and promote the work of the Academy through digital channels. This role reports to the Digital Marketing Executive.
- Work with the Academy CEO and core functions, for example PRIME, the Project Centre and Internationalisation to design new landing pages and content;
- Implement the agreed changes on the website;
- Liaise with the Academy Team to write and post updates and features twice monthly, and maintain existing content, across various online channels, including the Academy website;
- Schedule weekly social media and monitor existing channels to grow engagement rates across the website, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts;
- Digitally promote the work of the Academy as directed by the Academy CEO;
- Take on digital assignments for UCC clients as required, and as agreed by the Academy.
- A degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent relevant experience;
- Experience in website management, publishing and content production;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; with an ability to engage effectively with staff, students, and external organisations;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- WordPress proficient and HTML skills;
- Experience in graphic design.
- Experience in digital marketing, social media and Google analytics;
- Terminal 4 experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Salary: €25,000 plus 10% bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Pension: After 6 months you will be eligible to join the UCC Subsidiaries Pension Scheme with an employer contribution of 8.01%;
- Term: 12-month contract, starting immediately
How to Apply
To apply, please click “apply now” and submit a two-page CV and a short covering letter (no more than one A4 page) outlining why this role is of interest and how you meet the requirements. Your cover letter and CV should use a font size no smaller than size 11
Closing date: 27 August 2017
UCC ACADEMY DAC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
In submitting your CV, you are deemed to give your consent to the Academy to share your CV and personal details with UCC and individual departments within UCC for the purposes of recruitment.